***Published on 1st January 2019***
December “data” from the Resort Area Market…
The final Team Donovan review of sales activity for 2018 revealed that the number of December active listings across the resort area was 1252 which represented a 19.8% fall in overall inventory compared to the 1500 home total of December 2017. During the last month of 2018 overall sales totaled 292 after the average home closed at 97.5% of its listed price having spent 102 days on the market. The corresponding month of 2017 recorded 337 sales each spending an average of 122 days on the market and achieving 97.1% of the listed price. The markets median price closed the year 5.3% higher than December 2017 at $213,500 from $202,706 one year ago. The pipeline number of homes under offer/contract stood at 405 which was 16.8% below the 473 total of one year ago. Total sales during December of 292 was 15.4% down on the 337 closings of December 2017 whilst sellers withdrew 82 homes from the market during the month having failed to attract a buyer. Total year end listings when considered against pace of sales suggests a 4.3 month availability of inventory which is down from 4.5 months last month but unchanged from the same 4.3 month level of a year ago.
Looking Back … 2018… Key Performance Numbers At A Glance…
- Active = Active listings as at 25th of each respective month.
- A.D.O.M = Average days that a home spends on the market.
- SP/LP = Average price attained compared to asking price and expressed as a %.
- EXP/WDN = Homes withdrawn from the market during the respective Month.
- PEND = Homes recorded as under offer/contract at the respective month end.
- SLD = Homes that sold or closed during the indicated Month.
- Supply = The total supply of available inventory based on the respective months sales pace.
Closing Numbers … December 31st 2018…
1 G.B.P…Buys 1.279 U.S.D – 1 U.S.D…Buys 0.781 G.B.P
1 EURO…Buys 1.145 U.S.D – 1 U.S.D…Buys 0.873 EURO
1 CAN $…Buys 0.733 U.S.D – 1 U.S.D…Buys 1.363 CAN $
U.S Federal Prime Interest Rate = 2.25-2.5%
Team Donovan publish this updated monthly report on the 1st of each month for the benefit of all Worldwide Central Florida absentee owners. Our individual community reports are updated and published on the 15th of each month. If you are considering selling your own property in the future please do feel free to contact us, as we would be delighted to discuss the marketing of your own home in more detail.